Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Improving the game

While I have played for a while, how does one find the speed of their own pitcher??

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsah51 View Post
    While I have played for a while, how does one find the speed of their own pitcher??
    You need to purchase the "Radar Gun Coach" in the gift shop. Oh sure, you could play a Friend Game and have your pal tell you what your pitcher's velocity is - but if you want to be exact, get the Radar Gun Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mills View Post
    simple...
    1. more cash per game, so we don't have to play a dozen games a day just to break even.
    I agree! Make the game less time consuming and you will retain more players and attract more players.

2. cut back on the effects of defense. bad pitchers shouldn't be bailed out and get 3 fly ball outs because the defense is good
    I totally DISAGREE! An exceptional defense will stop many hard hit balls that would be hits against a much weaker defense. When a strong defense is behind your pitcher, they should win more games.

3. sim games with a single click (rival games). they take a long time to play if you have bad pitchers that throw a lot of balls. you shouldn't have to spend 5 real life minutes to score a single damned run
    Again, I agree because the game is way too time consuming. It will benefit WGT to provide the option of automating several things including:
    A - 1-inning friend scrimmages
    B - Collecting and re-Challenging Friend Scrimmages
    C - Rival Games (beyond Fast Play)
    D - Auto Retrain Option so, the game will automatically retrain without human intervention unless you turn it off.

4. (bonus!) forfeit unplayed season games. autoplay sucks.
    Disagree - The Auto-Play is practically just like a Forfeit.

seriously...i quit once, when it was forever since an update (while still in beta). i'm about to quit for good. the game frankly just really isn't all that fun to play anymore. read your forums, sheesh. 2, 3 months ago, everything was positive. now, everyone hates it.
    Not everyone hates the game. Most of the die hard players however will not use this Forum any longer because of the Haters and Naysayer who Troll here. They use Off-Forum Facebook Groups instead.

edit: 1 more freebie... get those godawful "fred wants you to help him beat some crap team" messages out of my mailbox. thanks.
    Irrelivant - There is an IGNORE option, you know?
    Last edited by David M LaBuda; 01-14-2018 at 09:47 PM.

That is a problem with this game. WGT Never provided a way for you to see your own pitcher's Pitch Types, Speed and Strike Zone Coverage.

You have to ask one of your Friends to play you in a 1-inning game and Screen Capture that Information for you.

This first set of replies are all to a post made 5 and a half YEARS ago. lol, David moves kinda slow I guess

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    I agree! Make the game less time consuming and you will retain more players and attract more players.

I totally DISAGREE! An exceptional defense will stop many hard hit balls that would be hits against a much weaker defense. When a strong defense is behind your pitcher, they should win more games.

Again, I agree because the game is way too time consuming. It will benefit WGT to provide the option of automating several things including:
    A - 1-inning friend scrimmages
    B - Collecting and re-Challenging Friend Scrimmages
    C - Rival Games (beyond Fast Play)
    D - Auto Retrain Option so, the game will automatically retrain without human intervention unless you turn it off.

Disagree - The Auto-Play is practically just like a Forfeit.

Not everyone hates the game. Most of the die hard players however will not use this Forum any longer because of the Haters and Naysayer who Troll here. They use Off-Forum Facebook Groups instead.

Irrelivant - There is an IGNORE option, you know?
    5 1/2 years. I wonder if Jason knew he'd have to wait so long. If you'd have checked his profile, Dave, you'd see he hasn't visited this forum since 7-25-2012.

Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    You need to purchase the "Radar Gun Coach" in the gift shop. Oh sure, you could play a Friend Game and have your pal tell you what your pitcher's velocity is - but if you want to be exact, get the Radar Gun Coach!
    Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    You have to ask one of your Friends to play you in a 1-inning game and Screen Capture that Information for you.
    Or...ya know...just have them tell ya. For someone like you who is so reluctant to take screen shots, I was surprised to see you suggest that. Thanks for your redundancy with the Friend Game suggestion though, David! You forgot about the Radar Gun Coach, however.
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 01-14-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: David is the ONLY person playing this game who STILL believes there will be an update one day, lol

This crap of putting teams in leagues that are far more advanced is infuriating. Make the leagues more competitive, where players can use their skills on more equal terms.

Quote Originally Posted by dbhaislett59 View Post
    This crap of putting teams in leagues that are far more advanced is infuriating. Make the leagues more competitive, where players can use their skills on more equal terms.
    Boy - there's a real epidemic of rarely seen, or new, forum members all posting about the same thing today - and all less than 2 hours apart. What are the odds?

Sorry, the game does not work that way. The game is designed to sell chips and boosts. If the game functioned the way that the description indicates, there would be little reason for people to buy boosts. The game is a lie and a con to induce purchases. Get used to it.

The Team Rating algorithm that assigned a team rating to each team have never worked very well. What you can do, is to play a few 9-inning Rivals games and lose which will reduce your Team rating by up to -18 points per each 9-inning loss. That will allow you to move into a Season bracket where team are more competitive with your team's skill set.