Thread: Substitution problem?

Substitution problem?

Playing my season game this morning, I put in a pinch-hitter for my pitcher. At the end of the inning, my opponent's score came up on the scoreboard BEFORE the defensive substitute window opened. Apparently my pinch hitter (who has virtually no pitching ability) played the inning as pitcher, allowing the other team to score 5 points (and win the game)?

Happened again today in a rivals game.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Forrith View Post
    Playing my season game this morning, I put in a pinch-hitter for my pitcher. At the end of the inning, my opponent's score came up on the scoreboard BEFORE the defensive substitute window opened. Apparently my pinch hitter (who has virtually no pitching ability) played the inning as pitcher, allowing the other team to score 5 points (and win the game)?
    Glen, this has been a problem with player substitution since they first introduced it probably two years ago now and they don't seem to care about fixing it. I have reported it to them at least twice now. I even explained to them about the pitcher of record and where to go get the rules of that from MLB, etc.

What you might try, since WGT has a new parent company now is to put in a BUG request through Facebook using the Report/Contact link found on the main game page to the right of the playing window in fine print. I reported an intermittent crash problem yesterday and immediately got an email saying it had been sent to the developers. Now that's an automated reporting system so, there is no guarantee they will fix it but, it's better than posting it here in the Forum which they never seem to look at anymore.
    Last edited by David M LaBuda; 03-02-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Thank you, David - I'll give it a try. It's an intermittent problem for me - usually I get the chance to make a defensive substitute before the other team bats. But twice now the game has played their half of the inning with my pinch-hitter as pitcher.

The point counter for Alex the base coach stopped at 2,879,918. Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Forrith View Post
    Glenn, that has been a problem ever since WGT first introduced the Pinch Hit feature. It's been well over a year now. They have been notified of the problem several times but apparently they do not feel it is in WGT's best interest to fix that problem.