Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Big WGT news, announced today… WGT+Topgolf

Quote Originally Posted by Annallia Esaki View Post
    Which leaderboard exactly? I mean sure there are some seemingly new players in there but with virtually any of the leaderboards for the lowest set there is a huge chunk of teams that have way too many games played to be that low level...
    Levels 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 - by the time you get to Level 40 they are all Majors teams. It really does not matter how many games they have played, our esteemed (just kidding) Team Rating System will place any Team with a similar Rating into your Season bracket regardless of SKILL or Games Played or League (Single A, Double A. Triple A. MAJORS).

In other words long time abandoned teams that got played a lot. This goes double if you check your favorite metric the season finish. Most of those guys have 3k+ games under their belt and are still level 13-14.
    Obvioudly you did not look at their History. I have not looked at every team but, I have yet to find an abandoned team on the LEADERBOARD at these levels.

Edit- In addition to this, just look at rivals. The list only goes back to the low 10,000s and while yes those are all "new" teams but if you could look back to your first 3-5 seasons, how many of those players are still active? Hell just go back about 2 dozen seasons how many of those guys are still playing? This game is a revolving door for most people.
    What Rivals list are you talking about?

Not sure how many Friends you have that play WGT Baseball but I have over 700 and most of them are still active and have been for 3 to 5 years.

I disagree with your last sentence. Most teams once they reach level 50 do not quit. The teams that have become abandoned on my Friends list are have largely been in the Level 1 to Level 25 range. By the same observation, more teams are appearing on the lower level Leaderboards than disappearing. Remember that those who do drop off the Leaderboard are mostly still active - Just inbetween leaderboards.

Try this exercise: Once a week for 26 weeks, screen capture the top 10 and bottom 10 teams on the 10 thru 39 leaderboards. Then, lets have this conversation again with some actual data to refer to.

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    Try this exercise: Once a week for 26 weeks, screen capture the top 10 and bottom 10 teams on the 10 thru 39 leaderboards. Then, lets have this conversation again with some actual data to refer to.
    I love that he thinks anyone else might care enough to embark on a six month project like that.

Have I mentioned the relevance of the Autism spectrum yet?

I was getting bleach and trash bags and rain man was looking at toilet paper talking about how much sq ft each had and how much each sq ft cost in comparison.

Try this exercise. Who are your 8 position starters, ie 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF, CF? Who are your 5 starting pitchers? It will take you 5 minutes. 10 minutes tops.

Levels 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 - by the time you get to Level 40 they are all Majors teams. It really does not matter how many games they have played, our esteemed (just kidding) Team Rating System will place any Team with a similar Rating into your Season bracket regardless of SKILL or Games Played or League (Single A, Double A. Triple A. MAJORS).
    Who said anything about rating system?

Obvioudly you did not look at their History. I have not looked at every team but, I have yet to find an abandoned team on the LEADERBOARD at these levels.
    When a team has over 4k games a rating of 115 and is only level 12 it seems kinda obvious that nobody is at the wheel.

What Rivals list are you talking about?
    The leaderboards.
    Not sure how many Friends you have that play WGT Baseball but I have over 700 and most of them are still active and have been for 3 to 5 years.
    What does that have to do with anything? We know you went through and added just about anyone with pulse that has been playing so you could play your obscene amount of friends games already. It has nothing to do with how many people play, or continue to play the game.

I disagree with your last sentence. Most teams once they reach level 50 do not quit. The teams that have become abandoned on my Friends list are have largely been in the Level 1 to Level 25 range. By the same observation, more teams are appearing on the lower level Leaderboards than disappearing. Remember that those who do drop off the Leaderboard are mostly still active - Just inbetween leaderboards.
    Maybe you are right about when they hit 50... But how many reach 50? That was the whole point.

If you want to waste 6 months doing that then more power to you. Instead I'll just do what I said. Look back at past seasons to see how is still active and who isn't. Sure it may be a small window but since it is a recurring theme I must either be the most unlucky person ever to play the game or it is a measure of what we already know, that most people who do wander in here hang up their cleats early.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin MacGregor View Post
    I was getting bleach and trash bags and rain man was looking at toilet paper talking about how much sq ft each had and how much each sq ft cost in comparison.
    Pretty much. Except, at least it didn't take him six months of Sundays to do it - and for that matter, there is actually some use for that info! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Pretty much. Except, at least it didn't take him six months of Sundays to do it - and for that matter, there is actually some use for that info! lol.
    Yeah, just when I heard him talking I thought of your comment on autism. Of course the other equation was quality, 1 ply vs 2 ply. The 1 ply may be cheaper but if it is John Wayne or Chuck Norris paper then little point in getting due to hidden costs when used.

If you want to waste 6 months doing that then more power to you. Instead I'll just do what I said. Look back at past seasons to see how is still active and who isn't. Sure it may be a small window but since it is a recurring theme I must either be the most unlucky person ever to play the game or it is a measure of what we already know, that most people who do wander in here hang up their cleats early.
    I had 6 friends and no one has made it over 45. So far they all quit playing. Only 1 made it to the 40s. I am not sure Dave understands looking back at past Seasons. I do this all the time. I can go back two years ago and see the current TR for a team I played then. A lot of them have really low TRs while fewer have much higher TRs. So either those teams lose a lot, tank a lot, or are no longer playing. The higher TR teams are more than likely still playing.

This is the furthest it goes back for me June 2014 Take in the fact I am still 1200 pts lower than my peak.

The game has become a massive piece of horse ****. It has been years since there has been an administrator for the game that knew the first thing about baseball or that gave a **** about the game itself. TO ANY NEW PLAYERS: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS GAME.