Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Season predictions 6/18-7/1

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Actually Devin, nope I don't think so. And while this thread is hardly an isolated incident of said behavior, when people exchange ideas that actually help affect other's games it is certainly more than that. As is, I suppose anything entertaining or any exchange of ideas that apply to more than oneself. However yammering on about one's own season, almost completely out of context and certainly out of left field, certainly is. And while we have all gone the route of *some* mental masturbation at some junctures, some - and IMHO this was a more extreme incident - can be a regular festival of it.
    You are rationalizing your own comments in this thread or any other as not being mental masturbation as well as the fact this game really holds little importance to our lives and is very minor. That is the reality of it. It is not big stuff but small stuff. That is the reality of it. Many of us sweat it due to the amount of time invested into building teams. I played Games Workshop games heavily in the 1990s, both Epic and 40K. I spent probably over 13K. In Epic which was the smaller scaled game in the same universe as 40K to which games are typically 3000 pts per side I could field a 25,000 pt complete Imperial Marine Chapter. My Imperial Guard army was around 15,000 pts (and growing) and my Squat army was around 10,000 pts (and growing). I even wrote three books on alternate rules converting 40K Ed 1 stats to Ed 2 stats. Many people had figures they could no longer use in the 2nd Edition. So I adapted them to the new one. These squads in dollar wise were worth 100 bucks each. I used to hang out at the local hobby store where we could buy figures etc and play at. I would talk to people about the game. Since army lists were called a Codex I called my book series Codex Devin. The third one was on assault rules and scenarios I created and modifying 3rd party Titans to the 2nd Ed format. I went to kinkos and had them printed out professionally and spiral bound. In 1999 I stopped playing when they went to 3rd ed and nerfed things again. I walked away. In the end it is just a game no matter how much time I devoted to it or the greater importance I may have personally put into it. In the grander scheme of things it is mundane and not important.

    How are you helping anyone with their gameplay? Not much to anything has been added to this game for several years now.

    This is general discussion. It is not specific discussion and for the most part I skip over some threads and make no replies. Others I may read and still make no replies. In the end you make that decision to reply or not to reply. You can always turn the channel.

    How is Anna's thread completely out of context and out of left field? She was not boasting about her team. Dave tanks and boasts about his team while demeaning other players. That is why he gets ****. Hell you missed the years past when he got it from a lot of other people. I came here Oct 2013 and he was getting railed on and that was not due to posting simply about his own team but boasting and lying about tanking.

    Anna's was an extreme incident that you felt compelled to criticize her on?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    442
    Debra, Anna's post may have sounded a bit self-centered to you and it is at some point understandable but Anna also has a point. Back in the day, when this game was really good, this used to be common practice and every one here gave advice to one another if things were not going their way. It was a real forum, full of good and honest advice from many members and that was the sole intention of doing this kind of exercise. All in the name of fun and good camaraderie.

    One thing Anna perhaps forgot is that the good ole time of this game are long gone and the people that used to parti****te in these posts have gone to do more productive things with their lives and some sadly have passed away.

    So girls please a shake of hands is of order.

    Just my nickel.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    BTW Devin, did you ever get around to watching season 5 of House of Cards? If so I'd be interested to hear your opinion(s) of it.
    No, I put it on hold. I have a 4 day weekend this weekend so scheduled to watch it back to back then.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    Suddenly David's comments don't seem so stupid.
    ^
    This sums up Debra's first reply. Buuuuut... she didn't stop there.

    Sorry Debra (this makes things better now, because I attacked you, but I apologized for it?), but you basically went on a tangent trying to explain why you felt it was necessary to insult a fellow forum member. You tried to defend your actions instead of just apologizing and letting it be over with once you found out this used to actually be a thing. For that, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. Very disappointed. You always speak in a knowledgeable fashion, but this time you were ill-informed and made things out to be like that of a politician.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    If you continue to train the same way you've always trained, you will continue to get the same results you've always gotten.

    Want different results? Try training differently. Just a thought!
    That would be a valid point if training actually did something.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    770
    http://forums.wgtsports.com/forums/s...son+prediction

    Here Debra..........It's just one of dozens posted that you can easily search if you chose to.....plenty of people chiming in.
    You were wrong, you are wrong and you're simply too arrogant to admit it and let it go. Arrogance coming from what however, I have no idea. You come off in pretty much a pretentious clown in almost everything you offer in here. Go back to pretending you are here to play the game, at least that BS was slightly entertaining. Now go ahead and string together some eloquent sentences to try and impress us all with how educated you are and what a masterful wordsmith you are. Problem is, this forum is the only place I am sure you impress anyone.....and the couple people you do simply aren't anything to brag about. You can call David and others anything you like.....they probably deserve it, but you're not impressive in any fashion.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the Couch.
    Posts
    4,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    (and "shake hands" - something she has yet to do).
    I don't live here, just visit now and then so obviously I couldn't with the how many posts have you made since then? Also, no you did not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Now stop trying to control everything. You can't control anything. Certainly not my opinions. Nobody here can, just like I can't control yours.
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but your entire spiel here is that this post shouldn't exist because you don't like it.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,445
    Holy **** wit of a cluster ****.

    Debra you were in fact saying Anna's post was unnecessary and unneeded here. You went on and on about it and then kept trying to justify your position on her being selfish while you are not.

    You do not like this type of post and thus believed it should not be here hence instead of ignoring it and moving on while saying to oneself, I do not care about this topic, you had to make a comment to chastise the OP for her claimed self indulgent behavior.

    Again this is not the same as Dave who makes BS claims about the game hence why people make comments. Why do you people keep making comments to him while you make comments to him. I miss reading about the Charlotte Knights. People used to make predictions I believe on real baseball teams here as well especially during playoffs. Anna's post was harmless.

    Here you are saying this:

    Now stop trying to control everything. You can't control anything. Certainly not my opinions. Nobody here can, just like I can't control yours.
    Then say this:

    Nope, that's a presumption. I don't think much of it, but it certainly has the right to be here.
    But WHY is your opinion on this important for us to know? You felt the need to again chastise Anna for making that post. Why do you think we needed to know you did not think much of it? What did it add? Did it help players with their game play? So if it has a right to be here then why did you feel compelled to chastise her claiming she was being self indulgent? This is boiling down to you have a right to your opinion on what kind of opinion others should or should not have, ie see Capitalism comment in another thread. Sure it is a FtP format which sucks in many ways but greed in our society is way out of hand. It is not a valid argument to then say Capitalism is just the way it is. In short just tell the dude to stfu while you are at it instead of giving him not a full picture of capitalism in this country. I know getting stuck in the eye with a stick sucks but it is the nature of sticks. So shut up about sticks now little puppy because no one wants to hear you whine/vent about it.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    770
    The self absorbed clown couldn't help but read every word of every post because it's all about her or it or whatever it is. It can say it doesn't care about what all is being said, yet it just can't stop itself from replanting itself back into the middle of it. Poor confused little nothing. Actually I take back my earlier remark about wishing it would go back to pretending to be a newish player here......this is actually much more entertaining to watch

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,445
    Wow, look how many pages are gone. I didn't read her last comment because well I was doing other important things but ****. She doubled down and stuck to her guns. I do see that her posts here and other places have vanished.

    Well damn I did not take a screenshot of today's matchup. Oh Dave today's games. Hit me up in another thread and I will give you more data.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •