Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: season games

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1

    season games

    It would be really nice if folks at level 62/63 didn't have to compete with folks at level 65 plus for the season games. It would be awesome if there were a way to pit teams that are equally matched against each other instead.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by krstultz View Post
    It would be really nice if folks at level 62/63 didn't have to compete with folks at level 65 plus for the season games. It would be awesome if there were a way to pit teams that are equally matched against each other instead.
    A teams LEVEL only reflects how many fans that team has. That is all you can tell about a team's LEVEL. LEVEL has nothing to do with how skilled that team is. The highest rated team in the game are in levels 60-69, not 70-79.

    Having said that, the problem you are seeing really stems from the fact that the Team Rating system uses other teams Rating's to seed the algorithm that adjusts your Team Rating after every game. If WGT would use a Team's Overall skill (taken from the Scouting Report) instead of using the Team Rating to seed that algorithm, you would be placed together with teams of similar skill. Right now, Seasons are matched up by Ratings and Ratings do not accurately reflect a teams skill.

    If you want to help change that, on the main game page on the right hand side at the bottom is a Report/Contact link which you can use to contact WGT directly. Send a message to the Developers and once they get enough similar messages from enough game players, perhaps they will get the idea that a change is necessary.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,452
    Dave, STFU.

    Levels yes reflect fans and you get fans by playing games so higher levels should mean one has played more games.

    We have been over this and over this. TR is indirectly based on your skills. Higher skilled teams tend to beat lower skilled teams. This issue with the current TR is it conflates two competitive systems so you get people who tank in Rivals to lower their TR to play teams of lesser skills and you get those who boost which means they win games they probably should not. This game used to give you a lot more TR for winning Rival games and many players used to put their team in with teams that had much higher skills due to that and that is because in Seasons you only get to play two games per day, one of which gains you TR, and thus your training can keep up with your TR. Playing 80 some games in Rivals per week would jack up your TR.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin MacGregor View Post
    TR is indirectly based on your skills. Higher skilled teams tend to beat lower skilled teams. This issue with the current TR is it conflates two competitive systems so you get people who tank in Rivals to lower their TR to play teams of lesser skills and you get those who boost which means they win games they probably should not. This game used to give you a lot more TR for winning Rival games and many players used to put their team in with teams that had much higher skills due to that and that is because in Seasons you only get to play two games per day, one of which gains you TR, and thus your training can keep up with your TR. Playing 80 some games in Rivals per week would jack up your TR.
    That is all irrelevant Devin! If the Team Rating was calculated correctly, it would be impossible to tank. A teams skill never goes lower it only goes up. A Teams Rating bounces up and down like a rubber ball. So you can tank now by lowering your team rating. But, if the Team Rating were calculated based upon a teams skill (which stays the same or goes up) then it would be impossible to tank. I've explained this before. So do you not read my posts and only respond to them or has Alzheimers finally got the best of you?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    That is all irrelevant Devin! If the Team Rating was calculated correctly, it would be impossible to tank. A teams skill never goes lower it only goes up. A Teams Rating bounces up and down like a rubber ball. So you can tank now by lowering your team rating. But, if the Team Rating were calculated based upon a teams skill (which stays the same or goes up) then it would be impossible to tank. I've explained this before. So do you not read my posts and only respond to them or has Alzheimers finally got the best of you?
    Dave, I have read your other posts and have replied with their shortcomings but as I said I have played games like that and guess what? They are not what you would want. You tank ALL the time btw. Tanking is simply losing games on purpose. I have played several sports games that base your ranking on your skills and guess what? It became futile to actually train. So I train all my linemen to get an edge but then I am facing teams now who have the same skills so no edge. Some even had buildings that get you things and you can upgrade the buildings such as to get you more play options but it also increases your ranking and compares you to other people with like team skills and building skills. What the game is pushing is BOOSTS. Hey buy these boosts.

    There is no such thing as perfectly matching up teams BUT if you stop using Rivals to tank guess what? You will pretty much climb with others who have similar skills. People that boost win games they should not. People like you who tank lose games you should win.

    If on the scouting report all the differences are in single digit percents then it is a pretty even game. The easiest programming to kill the flow of tanking is again for the umpteenth time is to stop Rivals from adding or subtracting from ones TR. You were already caught going 0-20 with your "training" pitcher. You would have to lose Season home games and there goes that record of yours. No more bragging about that team finish score because YOU would not be able to drop down like you do.


    It is funny how you claim to have this large roster because you are mimicking real baseball but fail to understand that real baseball does not have evenly matched up teams. The talent is not all the same. TR should bounce up and down and skills can drop as you lose a player to injuries. Your team's skills fluctuates all the time as you move in different skilled players.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    out back of my resale shop with Lamont
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by krstultz View Post
    It would be really nice if folks at level 62/63 didn't have to compete with folks at level 65 plus for the season games. It would be awesome if there were a way to pit teams that are equally matched against each other instead.
    krstultz-all those posts aside. Team level has nothing to do with beng equally matched.Im not saying you won't find uneven matchups in your season just don't get bent out off shape what level other teams are.The level a team is at only tells you how many fans they have because they've plaed so many games. Nothing else.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Burbank, California, United States
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    krstultz-all those posts aside. Team level has nothing to do with beng equally matched.Im not saying you won't find uneven matchups in your season just don't get bent out off shape what level other teams are.The level a team is at only tells you how many fans they have because they've plaed so many games. Nothing else.
    Exactly. This season I see teams with lesser pitchers than last season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •