Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to put a stop to annoying ground balls?

Quote Originally Posted by joshmeister View Post
    Annallia, Thank you for the tip's and pointers. I will start giving this different training style a try and see what I can come up with. As far as the ground outs, they started happing alot more when I reached level 49 and can't figure out why I hit so much because usually my batters almost never ground any thing.
    I'll start off by saying that I am not an expert or knowledgeable of the game mechanics, but I think this is a product of way the same breaks down things into a scale. Eventually a delta power number is generated. If the value is up to a certain point and the defense score is a success (unless the double play option is in play and is a success) you will get a ground out. If the power level is higher and the defense score is a success you will get a pop out. If the power level is high enough, and you have a runner who can make that check you will get a sacrifice run. If the power level is even higher still ... that ball is out of here.

Failures result in a different set of scenarios. Low power hits to a failed defense results in the infielders throwing like little girls. Since there is no animation for an outfielder dropping the ball, failed higher power hits result in various forms of line drives.

Here is the problem; I suspect that there are non linear calculations that take place in a linear advancement system. So you reach a point where the higher powers for a put out get smaller and smaller in percentage chances so you wind up getting more ground outs as you increase in level. I don't think the game is even remotely optimized for high levels, in terms of realism in result.

I have to say first off that I honestly don't know much about how this games RNG (random number generator for pitches ) works, but I WOULD like to know how I can put a stop to ground balls. I have a level 50 team and each member is a 220+ over all rating/ Even if I play a team were the scouting report say my team is all green over who ever I'm playing, 9 times out of 10 my players will hit ground balls regardless of anything. How can I put a stop to this? Also I need to put out there that I really don't know how to properly do training upgrades and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with annoying ground balls? Any tips or help would be great.
    You might try training your batters with a higher Vision skill. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Annallia Esaki View Post
    Well you need more batting skill. Even with the wookie you are down 7%. I would suggest raising your power a bit, then vision. The reason you are seeing green across the board is your coverage is high
    ???????? - Coverage can but does not usually boost your green arrows. Vision is typically the skill you want to boost to give you more advantage in batting (i.e Green Arrows). Power, from my experience, is a pretty useless batting skill. I train almost all of my batters with low Power and continue to hit home runs and they even hit more than the batters I have trained with a higher Power skill. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    ???????? - Coverage can but does not usually boost your green arrows. Vision is typically the skill you want to boost to give you more advantage in batting (i.e Green Arrows). Power, from my experience, is a pretty useless batting skill. I train almost all of my batters with low Power and continue to hit home runs and they even hit more than the batters I have trained with a higher Power skill. Go figure!
    You hit 13 home runs this season, at #2 (tied) with a grand total of 2 you have your second highest power batter who had fewer at bats than the one who hit the most.

I on the other hand who gets a bit more power than the other skills on my bats hit 20 this season and it was a low season for me, so yeah power matters a bit.

Oh and while we were tied for tripples (both had a goose egg) I also beat you in doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Annallia Esaki View Post
    You hit 13 home runs this season, at #2 (tied) with a grand total of 2 you have your second highest power batter who had fewer at bats than the one who hit the most.

I on the other hand who gets a bit more power than the other skills on my bats hit 20 this season and it was a low season for me, so yeah power matters a bit.

Oh and while we were tied for tripples (both had a goose egg) I also beat you in doubles.
    You spelled Triples wrong!

Just who is the YOU in your answer? You can't be talking about me. Perhaps you're responding to the wrong post?

Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    So far today I played 3 9 inning rivals games. I grounded out to short 81 straight times. Not a typo, 81 straight. How can anyone seriously say this game is not completely rigged.
    The game is SKILLs driven! IF (now that's a BIG if) you never change the skills balance on your batting line up, you will continue to get what you have been getting.

You want change? Train your players differently.

Here are some screen shots, not sure how they will help but one is a shot of the teams I usually try and get matched with (Even though I still hit mostly ground balls on anything I swing at) And the other is a screen shot of current skill.

All of your players are pretty much trained with the very same skill set. That is to say that they are all pretty evenly balanced in skill. Just for FUN ... Try going to the leaderboard for the 60-69 and 70-79 Teams and look at the skill sets of some of the top teams in the league. Try looking at Juggy's for instance. Now, what can you learn from that?

In this game, if you continue to train the way you've always trained, you will continue to get what you've always got. One side note ... If you play in Dynamic Mode, the problem could also be that human factor. Maybe your just not very good at hitting in Dynamic Mode. Perhaps you should try Automatic Mode and see if you still get a lot of groundballs. But, the primary driving force in this game is SKILLs. Change your skills and you will get different results. That is especially true of pitchers. I have 10 pitchers on my team. Each one is trained a little differently and according to the type of pitches that they throw. When I experiment with thier skill sets, I see amazing results. Try that with your batters. Then watch their batting statistics. Then adjust the way you are training in the direction that gives you the best results.
    Last edited by David M LaBuda; 05-03-2018 at 04:55 AM.

For someone who spells like a second grader and has the grammatical skills of a first grader - you're the last person who should be sporting a Grammar Nazi helmet. Take a look how Dave spells "their" a few rows down this post, lol.

Just who is the YOU in your answer? You can't be talking about me. Perhaps you're responding to the wrong post?
    Let's add reading comprehension to your shortcomings. Yes - she was addressing you. She was talking about your season stats at the time of that writing. smh

IF (now that's a BIG if)
    If "if" is such a big "IF" why did you make the "BIG" so big and the "if" so normal sized? You have trouble typing what you mean, huh? Add that to Dave's list of shortcomings.

I have 10 pitchers on my team. Each one is trained a little differently and according to the type of pitches that they throw. When I experiment with thier skill sets, I see amazing results.
    Horse hockey - you see nothing amazing, lol! Your team overwhelms the opposition. Your defense smothers them. You could probably toss a 150 pitcher in for your entire season and go undefeated.

Now - that said - I could do the same thing as I have played like you and Andy for the last few months. I annihilate the opposition every day! It's not amazing - it's tanking and it's awesome!!! No need to train, no need for friend games or rivals (except to tank a few games every few days or so)...and I pulverize everyone in my season every time! I went 22-0 this season with 0 runs scored against - and it was easy. Just like you did, Dave - except you sometimes tank a season game here and there The difference between you and me is: I own the dubious style in which we both play - but you call it "amazing"!

smh
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 05-03-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Dave won't let this forum die. He claims to hate it but can't stay away.

Perhaps if you looked at the quoted text above my reply it would have a clue as to who I was addressing.

If that is too difficult maybe see if your stats line up with the ones given? This is you is it not?