Thread: Totally ridiculous

Totally ridiculous

Now before you say freak results happen in real baseball take a look at this I conceded 14 runs in a game when I'd only conceded 16 in the whole season and 1 in the semi-final and 2 in the away match. Then I'm 9 down in 4 innings. What's the f****** point? I lose 14-0 and the other teams pitcher is 183 only 8 more than mine and my defense is 19% better and nearly every pitch is a 98mph fastball on the edge of the zone.
    How does this happen? There's no skill involved if the algorithm does totally weird **** like this. I love playing the season mode but what is the point if your system gives you no chance of winning.
    I've tried posting screenshots but it keeps saying they are too big despite shrinking them down to next to nothing.

9 inning games play differently than 3 inning games.

His pitcher being better than yours has absolutely nothing to do with them putting 14 runs on you.

Your defense has nothing to do with the speed of their fastball, or it's location.

Going back to your regular season play, are you sure that you are facing off against the same players? Wouldn't be the only team out there to have an A team and a B team that switch places come playoffs.

And finally on to your screenshots; check the file size and format. If you are saving them as something like say .png you could lower the size (with a loss to quality but who cares) as a .jpg

"There's no skill involved..."

Totally agree with you here. Proof is that on rivals you win 7 out 10 games 1-0 regardless of the opposition's skills. Is the same playing against a 230 pitcher with 210 D or against a 185 pitcher with a 160 D. The final score is 1-0.

"the algorithm does totally weird ****..."

Again agree. It is my personal opinion that the only thing this game does is; to check at the beginning which team is better and then chooses a pre-determinate outcome then simulates the game (See above). Sometimes the algorithm chooses you to loose no matter what in order to make it more real??? What a load of tosh as this game is in no way even close to real baseball (well OK in the graphics). If most games in real baseball would finish 1-0 I would stay away from watching. It will feel like listening to a chess match in the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Proof is that on rivals you win 7 out 10 games 1-0 regardless of the opposition's skills.
    Quite likely the stupidest thing ever written in the WGT Sports Forum. Kudos Andres - you have replaced LaBuda as forum fool.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan64 View Post
    Now before you say freak results happen in real baseball take a look at this I conceded 14 runs in a game when I'd only conceded 16 in the whole season and 1 in the semi-final and 2 in the away match. Then I'm 9 down in 4 innings. What's the f****** point? I lose 14-0 and the other teams pitcher is 183 only 8 more than mine and my defense is 19% better and nearly every pitch is a 98mph fastball on the edge of the zone.
    How does this happen? There's no skill involved if the algorithm does totally weird **** like this. I love playing the season mode but what is the point if your system gives you no chance of winning.
    I've tried posting screenshots but it keeps saying they are too big despite shrinking them down to next to nothing.
    Don't listen to the naysayers in this Forum. The game is NOT Predetermined. All game decisions are made pitch by pitch depending upon your teams skill set vs your opponents skill set + a random luck factor (so that anything is possible). The better you train your team the better you will do. How do I know this? I've been playing since the beginning in 2012 and I've had three different teams all under the name of Scorpions over the years. My current team is the best one yet and the proof is that I'm #1 on the Season Standing Leaderboard which is an indication that I win more Seasons than any other Level 70-79 team. How did I get there? It's all in the training and the way you play the game. I have 10 Pitchers, one of which can pitch to just about any batting lineup and I have one of the very best effective defenses in all of WGT Baseball. And I also have an extremely fast team. We're not big on home runs but we get on base and steal and manage to score more runs then our opponent. Our pitchers are extremely hard to hit because they are trained according to the type of pitches that they throw. With strong pitching and a strong defense, we even see many shutouts and a few no hitters and perfect games.

Read the Help File! Learn how to train your players. In my opinion, Energy and Defense are the most important player skills, Pitching is next, Then Speed and Batting. Anyway, that is the combination I use. It has worked well for me. Best of Luck in the game!
    Last edited by David M LaBuda; 02-22-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    My current team is the best one yet and the proof is that I'm #1 on the Season Standing Leaderboard which is an indication that I win more Seasons than any other Level 70-79 team. !
    That doesn't mean anything. All that means is that you have been around forever and are winning your seasons, does not mean that you ever had to actually compete for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    I'm #1 on the Season Standing Leaderboard which is an indication that I win more Seasons than any other Level 70-79 team. How did I get there?
    Dave got there the EXACT same way I'M going to get there at Level 60-69. Now THIS will be an actual accomplishment (sorry Dave). If David were playing at Level 60-69 he'd be #10 on the Season Finish board. Meh.

1) First - you have to have played longer than anyone else at your level range. Like Dave mentioned, he's been playing forrrrrrrrrrrrr-ever! (To be honest, it's a longevity award, nothing more. Kinda like a Dubious Lifetime Achievement.

2) You have to win your season. The best way to accomplish this is to play like David, Andres Klinberg and I play. Lower your team rating by losing games on purpose. LOTS of games! Eventually you will be at a team rating where your skills are wayyyyyyyyyyy better than all your opponents. You will crush the crapola out of them easily, and win EVERY season you play in.

3) Do this for 6 years.

So - IF your goal, Stefan, is to be #1 on the Season Finish Leaderboard (Dave likes to call it "Season Standing" but Dave has a little bit of dementia, shhhh!), adopt the cowardly style that I use! I learned it from David and Andres, you have now learned it from me, grasshopper!

Best of Luck in the game! (I don't know why I capitalized "Luck" but Dave did, so wtf, right?)
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 02-22-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY!

The game is not skill based. It is completely rigged to get you to spend money. There is no aspect of this game that is on the level. It's complete bull$h!t. The only people who tell you it's not rigged are pu$$y tanking cheaters.

So speaking of ridiculous, how is it that I stayed in 1st place throughout this last round and went into the playoffs as #1. Now after the first round, I still have the most points scored, I have the best record of all the teams, I have the least runs against and I have the longest streak. And after this first round, I've been moved from 1st place to 4th place. Can anyone explain this to me? Yes, this too is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfn3357 View Post
    So speaking of ridiculous, how is it that I stayed in 1st place throughout this last round and went into the playoffs as #1. Now after the first round, I still have the most points scored, I have the best record of all the teams, I have the least runs against and I have the longest streak. And after this first round, I've been moved from 1st place to 4th place. Can anyone explain this to me? Yes, this too is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!
    Sure. I can explain this to you It's not ridiculous at all.

Once the playoffs begin the ONLY thing that matters is where you are placed in the SEEDINGS. You finished 1st overall during the regular season so you were seeded #1 - good position! The rest of it - record, overall points, runs scored against, streak (streak never counts for anything) don't come in to play. They are meaningless - forget them. It's THE PLAYOFFS NOW, BAY-BEE!

You were seeded #1 and you played the #4 seed. In essence, you played the weakest team of the top 4. That was your reward for finishing 1st overall.

However, they beat you. Maybe your two teams split the 2 game series? If you lost BOTH games I don't think you'd have even posted. They won their game - you won yours, right? Your opponent scored more runs overall than you did - guaranteed. Add up your total runs from the 2 games, and their total runs. They scored more. Therefore - because you lost to the 4th seeded team - you now occupy their old position, and they have moved up to 1st.

This is nothing new, maybe you are new? It's the rule - it's in the Help Section (I think). There's a ton of stuff wrong with this game - this is not one of them