Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game not working right

Game not working right

I entered a game, in which I was supposed to be underdog in Pitching by 20%, and up in everything else by 15%, but when the game got to my turn, the batting area was the size of a pen tip, what's going on here? Thinking of quitting if this keeps up, not the first time.

Well sir, #1 - you were an underdog in pitching - so there's that. I won't bother asking you to post a screenshot of both teams Detailed Skills because guys (or gals, whichever) like you who come in complaining about this never post screenshots. Maybe wgt just hates you and they're out to make you quit? Could be true.

What were the pitcher's 3 individual skills? Coverage, Power, and Control? I know. You don't have that info either. Again - certainly no screen shot. I believe you though. Know why? wgt hates you and they're out to make you quit.

Some players train their pitcher in almost nothing but coverage. If this guy was trained that way and was 20% overall better than your guy...it makes sense you'd have a tiny batting circle. But you surely (don't call me Shirley) have a screen shot, yes? Or maybe wgt just hates you and they're out to make you quit.

I've been playing this game a few years now and have never, ever seen this crapola you One Post Wonders come in here crying about. There is one other guy who posts in this forum and whines about the same thing you do...and guess what? wgt hates him and they're out to make him quit.

For autobat at least if you have the SAME coverage as the pitcher you cover HALF of the strike zone. Probably not much different for dynamic. You have to have considerable higher coverage than the pitcher to actually have an advantage.

The Scouting report as well compares apples to apples and oranges to oranges. It does not compare your offense to his defense and vice versa. So your +15% Bats were better than his Bats but your +15% ED and -20% Pitching was not better than his overall Defense. Your Bats faced his Defense/Pitching and your Defense/Pitching faced his Bats.

So we need to see the screenshots of the actual individual skills of both teams to see who had the stronger team.

For dynamic to get that much coverage you need a massive massive advantage. But then again our coverage area is generally smaller as part of the trade off for being able to move it.

That being said; once again it doesn't matter how much you are up/down or inline with their pitcher on the scouting report. What matters is how that pitcher relates to your batters. As Fred said the pitcher you faced was likely crazy high in coverage in relation to your batters thus your target becomes a pin.

None of that matters because the game is not skill based. The only people who will tell you it is are tankers(cheaters).

Yeah man, F them cheaters. They obviously are not winning because their skills are higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Russellscincireds View Post
    I entered a game, in which I was supposed to be underdog in Pitching by 20%, and up in everything else by 15%, but when the game got to my turn, the batting area was the size of a pen tip, what's going on here? Thinking of quitting if this keeps up, not the first time.
    Not sure about how to over come that in Dynamic Mode but, in Automatic Mode, you can usually over come that by boosting your Batting Coverage.

By-the-way, don't listen to the foolish trolls here is the Forum who will tell you that the game is predetermined. It's not. In fact it's far more complex than most players realize. The game is skills driven. But, you need to learn what skills offset other skills. You need to learn the dynamics of a strong effective defense and how that can effectively boost the effectiveness of your pitcher. Read through the Help file and ask a lot of questions from the knowledgeable experienced players in the off Forum Facebook Groups for WGT Baseball. Most of the Trolls here in the official Forum haven't a clue as to how the game really works.

Good Luck to you! It's a great game!

Like Fred said, between the contempt, it's probably the opposing pitcher's coverage skill is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cobb View Post
    Like Fred said, between the contempt, it's probably the opposing pitcher's coverage skill is high.
    I would agree with Fred on this one as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cobb View Post
    Mor sarcasm than contempt, actually. Not that I have anything against a good contemptuous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    I would agree with Fred on this one as well
    lol - that's funny considering the person I was talking about in the last part of my post was you, Andres. Haha - sometimes life just throws a bonus chuckle our way