Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, is boosting a bad thing or somehow immoral or unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    You should raise or lower your Team Rating in order to avoid the MONSTER Teams like The Hurricanes, Amazing and GiNo (there are many more like the DEVILS also), who are playing way below their SKILL Level. Now before you go telling everyone that I do the same thing, I have pitchers on my team that range in skill from 181 to 254. Batters ranging from 150 to 252 and I can actually field a team that is somewhat competitive with the Teams playing in the 9000 to 9900 range. I never go 22-0, I alway lose games every Season and when I win, it's because I have a faster team and steal bases and score on a sacrifice fly. Most of the time I also have the strongest defense because most players train strongest in batting and weakest in defense. When I win, it's usually by one run which is a good indication that it was anyones ball game.
    First of all, your claim is one of deflection. You're saying that you do not tank and offering as proof the fact that you have pitchers of many abilities and skills. This proves nothing other than the fact that your team is comprised of both the 1998 Yankees and the 1962 mets. You win when you want and you lose when you need to - all in the name of "raising or lowering your team rating".

Secondly, you claim that

"I alway(s) lose games every Season and when I win, it's because I have a faster team and steal bases and score on a sacrifice fly."
    Again, this proves nothing. It is clear that your team is so strong that you can win or lose at will. Take, for example this screenshot of your team today. You won 3 out of your last 4 home games. The one game you lost? Amazing that you should ask: It was a 15-0 loss against AMAZING. With your team rating at 9592 and AMAZING's at 9237, that would have lowered your team rating by what, 6 points? What's another word for that??? rhymes with "spanking"? This is not speculation. This is evidence.

You can (and undoubtedly will) continue to dig your heels in and claim (a) that this game contains great opportunity for strategy,and (b) that you're the self-proclaimed expert on the complexities of this POS game. But the reality is that you're either a total BS artist or completely delusional. Either way, your claims are ridiculous and are completely laughable.

Finally, to go back to your claim that you lose games every season... answer this: How often do you lose a game that you tried to win? When was the last time you lost a playoff game that you tried to win? Having the ability to win or lose at will is not strategy. It's boring. The game's tournament atmosphere lends itself to this type of "strategy". You're not alone. You're just trying to put lipstick on a pig and claim it's beautiful. So congratulations to you on your "expertise" demonstrated by the diversity of your team's abilities. Congratulations on having both the strongest and weakest team under your "scorpion umbrella". It is so very very impressive.

David, I'm curious along the lines of pacman. How many seasons in the last 10 have you won? If it's all 10, like I think it is, that doesn't really support your competitive balance theory.

You're a WOOS, WOOS, WOOS!
    *wuss

I can actually field a team that is somewhat competitive with the Teams playing in the 9000 to 9900 range.
    I'm at 10200 rating now and still staying competitive (W/L above .400) and my strongest bat is 214, pitcher 216, and catcher 182 (the rest 160'ish). I think you can afford to hop into the big leagues again with your 230+'s across the board.

You should raise or lower your Team Rating in order to avoid the MONSTER Teams like The Hurricanes, Amazing and GiNo (there are many more like the DEVILS also), who are playing way below their SKILL Level. Now before you go telling everyone that I do the same thing, I have pitchers on my team that range in skill from 181 to 254. Batters ranging from 150 to 252 and I can actually field a team that is somewhat competitive with the Teams playing in the 9000 to 9900 range. I never go 22-0, I alway lose games every Season and when I win, it's because I have a faster team and steal bases and score on a sacrifice fly. Most of the time I also have the strongest defense because most players train strongest in batting and weakest in defense. When I win, it's usually by one run which is a good indication that it was anyones ball game.

You want a revenue center for your team? Try finishng in the Bronze Tier once in a while in Rivals or at the very least the A level.

You're a WOOS, WOOS, WOOS!
    LOL, man you are an idiot. I am 5-2-1 right now. What I said was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin MacGregor
    Last 2 seasons I have been 22-0 with no runs scored. This season some pissed off dude used money to beat me and gave me 7 runs against my 5. You are welcome whomever owns this game. I only dropped to 9000.

So not only can this improve your game but make you a revenue center for the owners.
    I said the last two seasons which means before that I did not have an undefeated season. I lost games. I never dropped below 9000. You did. You then climbed but tanked down a few 100 here and there. Dave, I used to record NIGHTLY what you did. I have gone up and played easier teams. I have gone down and played harder teams.

Did you even get what I meant be revenue center? I was talking about people spending money on this game to beat me is causing revenue to the owners of this game.

And we all know about your team. You woos it up to lose games ... to use your words. You do not put in your best as real teams would. I said real because you appear to actually believe you are managing a real team.

You should raise or lower your Team Rating in order to avoid the MONSTER Teams like The Hurricanes, Amazing and GiNo (there are many more like the DEVILS also)
    Just so I am clear. You are telling me I should avoid the DEVILS? I heard they were the ****nits though. Wait for it ... legendary. I will do my gosh darn bestest to avoid playing them.

Now before you go telling everyone that I do the same thing
    You do the same thing.

WOOS, WOOS, WOOS!
    I'm embarrassed for you just from reading that. "Woos"? Your inability to grasp even the simplest words in the english language is staggering at times. Being the Wuss King I'd have thought you'd know how to spell the word

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cobb View Post
    David, I'm curious along the lines of pacman. How many seasons in the last 10 have you won? If it's all 10, like I think it is, that doesn't really support your competitive balance theory.
    Considering the old fart continues to hold his 1 point lead over Amazing on the Season Finish Leaderboard we already have the answer Davey was too cowardly to provide

The choice is yours, Grandpa: Give up the #1 position (which is only important to you - no one else gives a darn about the "Season Finish" stat anyway) to prove you don't pulverize your opponents whenever the playoffs come around, or stay the #1 laughingstock around here.

EDIT: AUGUST 12, 2018 - another season has ended and look, the Scorpions maintain their 1 point advantage over Amazing. This will be interesting. Which way will Davey go? Will he continue to pulverize everyone in his Seasons so he can continue to boast he is #1 on the Season Finish Leaderboard for Level 70-79...or will he have to throw a season so he doesn't look like a walking contradiction? If he does that, Amazing will pass him.

What tension! What excitement! What a crock! Dave? The Season Finish stat means nothing. Heck, if you were still Level 60-69 you would barely be in the Top 10 - as a matter of fact you would be 10th...yet this is still somehow important to you? Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Fred Sanford; 08-12-2018 at 08:21 AM.