Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, is boosting a bad thing or somehow immoral or unethical?

Every game is exactly the same. I can tell you what every batter is gonna do. It's always groundout, groundout, groundout, groundout. If I actually get someone on base, I can steal second then it's always two fly outs to right and a ground ball to short, everytime. Most games go 0-0 till the 10th when they always put up 2 runs. Boosts and training do absolutely nothing. I'm finally gonna start tanking. I'm gonna drop down from 8000 to about 3000 and do it up. It's the only way to get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    I'm finally gonna start tanking. I'm gonna drop down from 8000 to about 3000 and do it up. It's the only way to get anywhere.
    Atta boy, Roy!!! That's the ONLY way to play this game! However - take a tip from David M LaBuda and Andres Klinberg...it's not called "tanking", it's "rating maintenance". I followed their lead many months back and tanked...errr..."maintained" my rating down 6000 points!!!! Now I crush and pulverize anyone who dares to play my team! It's awesome - welcome to the Dark Side.

Thank you. I'm sorry I meant "rating maintenance". Can't wait to get started and start pulverizing every team I play.

Tanking.....sorry, improvising, adapting and overcoming is the bees knees. I can't wait to be that a$$hole who doesn't belong in the season and goes 22-0 and doesn't give up a run.
    Last edited by roy hobbs; 07-10-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    I can't wait to be that a$$hole who doesn't belong in the season and goes 22-0 and doesn't give up a run.
    It's the BEST!!!! I can't believe David M. LaBuda and Andres Klinberg get their undies in a bunch because I mention they inspired me to play the way they do.

No one's scored a run on me in months. Thanks LaBuda! Thanks Klinberg! You guys rock!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    Atta boy, Roy!!! That's the ONLY way to play this game! However - take a tip from David M LaBuda and Andres Klinberg...it's not called "tanking", it's "rating maintenance". I followed their lead many months back and tanked...errr..."maintained" my rating down 6000 points!!!! Now I crush and pulverize anyone who dares to play my team! It's awesome - welcome to the Dark Side.
    Sanford, you are such a *******! If you have nothing useful to say, just don't say anything! What an idiot you are!

Quote Originally Posted by David M LaBuda View Post
    Sanford, you are such a *******! If you have nothing useful to say, just don't say anything! What an idiot you are!
    Why Davey...are you cross with me? Calm down, pardner! I learned everything I know about tanking...er..."rating maintenance" from you and Andy Klinberg. Every time I give you credit, you get all crabby and start screaming with exclamation points!!!!! lol. I saw how earlier today you "maintained" a fast 5 home losses by a combined score of 80-10. You da man, Davey!!!! You had your 129 pitcher, Trey Stokely in. He even managed to win a 5-4 decision (that musta' made you angry, eh? LOL!!!!).

I have "Improvised, Adapted, and Overcome" just like you, buddyroo. I improvised down almost 7000 points. I beat the living heck out of EVERYONE now!!!! Just like YOU!

Yeah, sure I'm hated by all in every Season (just like you) but I don't care - I crush people while exerting zero effort now. Even away games I pulverize teams. I don't train, I hardly ever play a rivals game, I just beat the living snot out of everyone in my seasons...and I owe it ALL to you, Davey! Thanks!!!!

Yeah, sure I'm hated by all in every Season (just like you) but I don't care - I crush people while exerting zero effort now. Even away games I pulverize teams. I don't train, I hardly ever play a rivals game, I just beat the living snot out of everyone in my seasons...and I owe it ALL to you, Davey! Thanks!!!!

I'd like to thank you too Davey, I am on my way down to 3000 rating from 8000. I can't wait to beat the crap out of teams who are less trained than me. This is what it's all about right? I want to be that douchebag that just destroys everybody in a season.

Thank you Davey for opening my eyes to the improvise , adapt , overcome method of playing this game.

It's the BEST!!!! I can't believe David M. LaBuda and Andres Klinberg get their undies in a bunch because I mention they inspired me to play the way they do.

No one's scored a run on me in months. Thanks LaBuda! Thanks Klinberg! You guys rock!!!!
    Last 2 seasons I have been 22-0 with no runs scored. This season some pissed off dude used money to beat me and gave me 7 runs against my 5. You are welcome whomever owns this game. I only dropped to 9000.

So not only can this improve your game but make you a revenue center for the owners.

Devin, You are just a woosy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Devin MacGregor View Post
    Last 2 seasons I have been 22-0 with no runs scored. This season some pissed off dude used money to beat me and gave me 7 runs against my 5. You are welcome whomever owns this game. I only dropped to 9000.

So not only can this improve your game but make you a revenue center for the owners.
    You should raise or lower your Team Rating in order to avoid the MONSTER Teams like The Hurricanes, Amazing and GiNo (there are many more like the DEVILS also), who are playing way below their SKILL Level. Now before you go telling everyone that I do the same thing, I have pitchers on my team that range in skill from 181 to 254. Batters ranging from 150 to 252 and I can actually field a team that is somewhat competitive with the Teams playing in the 9000 to 9900 range. I never go 22-0, I alway lose games every Season and when I win, it's because I have a faster team and steal bases and score on a sacrifice fly. Most of the time I also have the strongest defense because most players train strongest in batting and weakest in defense. When I win, it's usually by one run which is a good indication that it was anyones ball game.

You want a revenue center for your team? Try finishng in the Bronze Tier once in a while in Rivals or at the very least the A level.

You're a WOOS, WOOS, WOOS!

Quote Originally Posted by dingo48307 View Post
    The game is a ****ing joke. A cheat. A lie. A con. If it worked the way it is described to work, there would be little need for boosts.
    There is little need for boosts. If you find the need to boost often, it's because your are allowing your Team Rating to Control the teams you play against in Seasons instead of controlling your team rating so that you can play against teams of somewhat equal skill.