Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto play/ autobot

Auto play/ autobot

I disagree with the auto play format. If a game is scheduled and you don not play (for whatever reason), your game should be forfeited to the team that took the time to play. Auto play is much like Auto bot, I do not trust the computer's software.

Right on the money on this one-HEY IF YOUR TEAM DOESN'T SHOW UP TO PLAY IN ANY REAL GAME-YOUUUUU LOSE!!!!!!! The players who are taking the time to go thru the motions should at least get a forfeit from the team not showing up. Example I am the home team today and have waited on other team to play-got fed up and played giving up home field advantage-meanwhile I am afraid to train up, and a bunch of us that are friends-can't get to play each other for fear of an injury, that will effect league game. Again I ask should the team I challenge with not be the team that is auto-stored into opponents memory-so I can move on to play friends with teams that are compatible to them. What are you're thoughts on this?

Have to agree. Im taking time to prepare my team. If other doesnt play they lose.

papajoeg-
    there is no such thing as home field advantage in this game, even if the other team plays first, there is still a question mark where there score should be. Even if the other team plays before you, the first time you can see the score is when you finish your game

With all of this being said about auto play, I have one question for the administrators. The question is, how do we find out if we played the "actual team" or we got the "auto play"? I lost yesterday, and I want to know who I lost to. A person or a computer generated simulation?

i don't think there is a way to find out

Administrator
    Just to clarify, when a game is auto played the game uses statistically average model to resolve the score. Your best chance of winning is to play optimally yourself and not let it auto resolve. Also I do not know of a way to see if the other team played as a player or if it was auto resolved.

Well WGTadmin......I think it would be nice if you found out if there was auto or manual played by my opponent. Let's face it, we all would like to think that we're smarter than any simulated play by the computer. The computer program may not have the same thoughts of what to do during hitting situations. Taking pitches is always a plus in my book. The computer may want to swing on every pitch.

how do find out all the rules and how to play

Administrator
    Hey Jimmy, this forum is a great resources to answer any questions you may have. A good place to start though is our help page: http://www.wgtbaseball.com/help.html

Enjoy!